Pre-defense dissertations are submitted to our department two weeks prior to each defense. Upcoming dissertations for Spring 2017 include:
- SMITH, Alexander. The languages of Borneo: A comprehensive classification (March 3, 1 PM, Moore 575)
- RARRICK, Samantha. A Tonal Grammar of Kere (Papuan) in Typological Perspective. (March 13, 11:30 AM, Moore 575)
- HEATON, Raina. A typology of antipassives, with special reference to Mayan. (March 14, 3 PM, Moore 258)
- OKURA, Eve. Language Nests and Language Acquisitions: An Empirical Analysis. (March 16, 2017, 10 AM, Moore 575)
- GAO, Katie. Dynamics of Language Contact in China: Ethnolinguistic Diversity and Variation in Wuding County, Yunnan.
(March 23, 11:30 AM, Moore 258)
- OIWA-BUNGARD, Mayumi. Morphology and syntax of gerunds in Truku Seediq: A third function of Austronesian “voice” morphology.
(April 21, 2:30 PM, Moore 575)
- ROSS, Melody Ann. Attitudes Toward Tetun Dili, A Creole Language of East Timor.
(May 5th, 10:00 AM, Moore 575)
We will be adding to this list as the semester continues. You can also check the Dissertations page for updates on other pre-defense dissertations for the current semester, or final dissertations from previous semesters.